Monday, 10 June 2013

Notes: Streets Dart project
(Steve, living in South-West London, 15 Years)
Audience Profile - Males, aged 13 - 19 years
- Demographic/Family Demographic class C1/B
- Education: State school, going to college next year.
- Lifestyle: Urban, Active
- Loyalty to brands: Nike, Adidas, Vans
- Psychographic class: Aspirer
- Lives with one parents and two siblings
Possible Advertising Techniques: Enigma, Demonstration, Comparison.


Possible Slogans:
Above the rest’
‘More than ordinary’
‘The best’
Brand Symbol:

Related Adverts -



Advert Picture:









Advert Evaluation:
In this advert I have used a simple medium shot of the new ‘Streets Dart’ trainers. The trainers are the focus of the picture as the surrounding details are hidden. I used a spotlight effect to highlight the Streets Dart product. On the other hand I have used the technique of comparison in my advert by placing my trainers ABOVE the Adidas shoe box and a Kickers shoe box. I have also used a method of enigma as the advert appears as reasonably sleek. The advert represents my target audience as it refers to brands that ‘Steve’ is interested in and is eye catching to people falling into “STEVE”’s category. I have used connotations of mystery and style although it directed for modern day youths. ‘A cut above the rest’ anchors the product as it shows the trainer + shoe box above the other brands (Nike, Adidas and Kickers - all of which STEVE wears) and displays Streets Dart as the new coming up product.
I used the target audience ‘typical person’ STEVE as the discreet stylish look of Streets Dart suits a 15 year old boy living in south-west London. Before i used ‘Steve’ I checked with a couple people if they found my advert eye catching and if they would buy the Streets Dart trainer.
To advertise my advert more successfully I could’ve made more than one advert and possibly a equivalent for females. However i didn’t because it might take the edge off the trainers being designed for teenage boys.


No comments:

Post a Comment